Toyota Canada Inc. Sees Sales Increase to start the Second Half of 2017
• Strong car sales, up 5.3% from 2016, lead to another good month for TCI
• Hybrid vehicle sales also continue to climb with a record July, up 11.7% from 2016
(TORONTO, ON – August 1, 2017) Motoring into the second half of 2017, Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) recorded an increase in overall sales in July, with 18,961 units sold, up 3.8% compared to 2016.
The Toyota division (including Scion) sold a total of 16,943 units, up 3.4% from 2016, and the Lexus division reported a 13th consecutive monthly sales record, with 2,018 luxury vehicles sold, up 7.2% compared to last year.
Strong car sales lead the way, with the all-new Toyota Camry yet to come
Strong overall sales for TCI were led by car sales, with 7,507 units sold this month, up 5.3% compared to 2016. This bodes well for the company as it prepares to introduce its all-new Toyota Camry to the Canadian market in August.
With a bold new exterior, improved fuel efficiency and sportier feel, the completely re-designed and re-engineered 2018 Toyota Camry is expected to help continue the car sales trend at TCI.
Sales of hybrid vehicles also continue to climb
Hybrid vehicle sales also continued to climb for TCI, setting another monthly record with 1,904 units sold, up 11.7% compared to 2016.
Additional July Sales Highlights
• Toyota Yaris sales of 838 units, up 34.9%
• Toyota Corolla sales of 4,173 units, up 8.5%
• Toyota Highlander sales of 1,322 units, up 24.7% (new July record)
• Lexus RX sales of 740, up 19.4%
• Lexus NX sales of 624 units, up 22.4% (new July record)