GET CONNECTED TO THE FRESHEST TAKE ON THE COMPACT LUXURY SUV: THE 2020 LEXUS UXDec 3rd, 2019
Get Connected to the Freshest Take On The Compact Luxury SUV: The 2020 Lexus UX
- Via the Lexus App, all models now equipped with the connected services of Lexus Display Audio with Remote plus Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ compatibility
- Choice of self-charging hybrid electric and gas powertrains
- Convenient new features include wallet-size Smart Key Card
TORONTO, ON – December 2, 2019 – The compact luxury SUV market is highly competitive – and the Lexus UX series stands out from the crowd with a range of models that blend city-smart technology with bold urban style. Thanks to the overwhelming response from Canadians when it first launched, Lexus has updated the UX for 2020 with even more new features that promise to have them roaring out of dealerships just as fast. Guests can now enjoy Lexus Display Audio information and entertainment units that add Lexus Enform connected services, plus compatibility with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™.
“The launch of the 2019 UX has been one of our most successful ever. Canadians have really embraced the UX’s blend of electrification, performance and style. We’re thrilled more than 95% of UX purchases in Canada have our award-winning hybrid electric powertrain,” said Robert Tsang, Director of Lexus in Canada. “For 2020, we’re making the UX even more compelling with the addition of our next generation connected vehicle technology and smartphone connectivity.”
The 2020 UX stakes its claim in the diverse compact SUV market with convention-shattering design. The bold signature Lexus spindle grille and dramatically flared fenders emphasize the UX’s strong crossover qualities.
UX’s striking design blends the exterior and interior. The driver-centric cockpit offers a commanding view of the road, with controls harmoniously at hand and technologies designed to elevate the experience. Front seats are eight-way power adjustable and heated, while all seats are clad in NuLuxe. Dual zone automatic climate control makes it easy to tailor the interior temperature to individual preferences. And the rear seats split 60/40 and fold when a road trip calls for more space for luggage and purchases.
All UX models feature an extensive list of powerful yet easy to use technologies. As if demand weren’t high enough already, new this year, the UX will be even more tempting – with standard Enform Remote, Enform Safety Connect and Enform Service Connect plus Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ compatibility.
Under the hood, Lexus offers two powerful yet efficient powertrains:
- UX 200 models are built around a 168 HP 2.0L inline four-cylinder engine and direct shift continuously variable transmission, driving the front wheels.
- UX 250h models feature a fourth-generation Lexus self-charging gasoline-electric powertrain with a 2.0L Atkinson cycle four-cylinder engine and an electronically controlled CVT. The hybrid UX powertrain generates 181 net horsepower, improves fuel efficiency and never needs to be plugged in. The UX 250h further enhances all-weather driving confidence and control with an innovative electric all-wheel-drive system that employs an additional electric motor on the rear axle to automatically adjust the power-split between front and rear wheels. The result is exceptional handling stability and greater traction across a range of driving situations – all without compromising fuel efficiency or cargo space.
As a Lexus, the 2020 UX series also offers drivers and passengers peace of mind through a comprehensive safety package – starting with Lexus Safety System + 2.0 – the second generation of the Lexus bundle of active safety technologies, designed to support the driver’s awareness and decision-making under a variety of traffic conditions and contingencies. Other standard safety technologies include 10 airbags, the Lexus Blind Spot Monitor and a backup camera.
The UX series is offered in a range of models and trim levels, as follows:
The gas powertrain-equipped 2020 Lexus UX 200 Premium Package (starting MSRP: $37,450) features all standard equipment, plus heated and ventilated front seats and 17” alloy wheels.
The 2020 Lexus UX 200 F SPORT Series 1 (starting MSRP: $39,750) features a heated steering wheel, LED fog lamps and cornering lamps, and the Lexus Active Sound Control system. It’s then finished with a full F SPORT appearance package plus numerous F SPORT exclusive details – including 18” alloy wheels, interior trim, and seats.
The self-charging hybrid electric 2020 Lexus UX 250h Premium Package (starting MSRP: $40,000) features advanced power, efficiency, all wheel drive and an impressive list of standard equipment – including a heated steering wheel, heated and ventilated front seats, power moon roof, bi-beam LED headlamps a Lexus Display Audio system with 7” screen, and 18” alloy wheels.
- The 2020 Lexus UX 250h Luxury Package (starting MSRP: $45,300) builds on this with several upgrades and enhancements – including an 8-speaker premium sound system with a 10.3” display screen, embedded navigation and Enform Destination Assist, head-up display, a driver’s seat memory system, intuitive parking assist with auto braking, hands-free rear hatch, a wireless charging system for select personal electronics, and exclusive Washi interior trim. New for 2020, this model now comes with a wallet-sized smart key card.
The UX 250h may also be ordered in a choice of F SPORT editions:
The 2020 Lexus UX 250h F SPORT Series 1 (starting MSRP: $42,100) features a digital instrument cluster, heated steering wheel, LED fog lamps and cornering lamps, and the Lexus Active Sound Control system. It’s then finished with a full F SPORT appearance package plus numerous F SPORT exclusive details – including 18” alloy wheels, interior trim, and seats.
- The 2020 Lexus UX 250h F SPORT Series 2 (starting MSRP: $48,900) builds on this, adding heated and ventilated front seats, triple LED headlamps with the Lexus adaptive front lighting system, an 8-speaker premium sound system with a 10.3” display screen, embedded navigation and Enform Destination Assist, head-up display, a driver’s seat memory system, intuitive parking assist with auto braking, hands-free rear hatch and a wireless charging system for select personal electronics. New for 2020, this model now comes with a wallet-sized smart key card.
In keeping with the brand’s commitment to delivering uncompromising luxury that suits a wide range of lifestyles, Lexus is also thrilled to have recently collaborated with renowned Canadian menswear designer Christopher Bates on an exclusive limited-edition sneaker, inspired by the UX. Now available via Lexus Boutique orders at Lexus Dealers across the country, the men’s and women’s shoes incorporate many recognizable design elements from the vehicle itself, such as the striking Circuit Red colour, perforated upholstery materials and signature black and white colouring from Lexus F SPORT models. Design inspiration also includes the use of the side profile and signature Lexus spindle grille, a racing stripe down the center of the tongue and tasteful Lexus branding.