Heffner Lexus Toyota is an equal opportunity employer in Kitchener and is able to accommodate applicants with disabilities during the career recruitment process.
Heffner Motors is a dynamic growth-oriented Toyota, Lexus & Pre-Owned Vehicle Dealership. Founded in 1960, the dealership still operates today with the founding family members, with the same commitment to providing superior customer care through honesty, integrity and respect.
Are you looking to join a great brand and a great dealership? Heffner Lexus Toyota Scion is a dynamic growth-oriented Toyota, Lexus and Pre-Owned Vehicle Dealership. Founded in 1960, the dealership still operates today with the founding family members, with the same commitment to providing superior customer care through honesty, integrity and respect. If you are looking for a career with a growing dealership with unprecedented growth, we have a job for you.
Automotive Damage Appraiser/Estimator
The appraiser must handle communication with the adjuster and customer regarding status of the vehicle. This position is often the main point of contact with Heffner Collision and the customer, so he or she must strive to represent the Company in a professional manner. The Appraiser should have an outgoing personality; enjoy meeting people and a good understanding of appraising and insurance claims procedures and policies. He/she must be able to make common sense decisions, be a self-motivator, use excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and portray a professional business image. It is imperative that this person possess a good work attitude and foster a positive team spirit in support with the overall philosophy of the company and fellow employees.
- Inspect qualified vehicles and write damage appraisals
- Responsible for handling all appraisals, work authorizations, repair orders, supplements and warranties when dealing with the customer, striving to maintain and improve closing ratio for the company
- Follow up on customer appraisals, in order to increase closing ratio
- Ongoing communication with adjuster, production staff and customer regarding repair status.
- Inspect repair and meet with customer when picking up vehicle to ensure customer satisfaction
- Work to resolve any customer concerns or dissatisfaction with the work or the Company
- Responsible for maintaining consistent sales volume to meet or exceed company goals.
- Identify non-related damages for up-sell opportunities.
Coordinating Staff to Achieve Sales Goals
- Participate in daily production / release meetings in order to provide key information to managerial staff.
- Update WIP report based on production meeting findings, copy report.
- Provide support and work closely with CSR/ reception
- Participate in monthly company meetings and be willing to attend any and all training programs to enhance performance both personally and professionally
- Follow the outlined customer greeting processes with all individuals
- Follow the standard imaging process on all potential insurance appraisals
- Add explanation lines to necessary image or repair line entries on all appraisals
- Ensure that we use most commonly missed “forgettables” found in insurance guidelines
- Follow best practices when generating appraisals to achieve 95% accuracy 100% of the time – attention to detail
- Other Duties as required
Administration of RO Package
- Ensure customer authorization is received from owner before proceeding with parts order
- Parts ordering and back orders are documented in the file
- Communicate to customers any outstanding moneys owing at time of authorization and at least 24 hours prior to delivery of vehicle
- Signs off final inspection section of QA checklist validating vehicle is ready for delivery
- Management Software (Mitchell/ Dealership) – INTERMEDIATE
- Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, Outlook) – INTERMEDIATE
- Estimating Software (Audatex and/or Mitchell) – INTERMEDIATE
- ICAR a plus
- Work independently without close supervision
- Flexible/adaptable to constant change
- Strong tact and diplomacy; ability to interact with all levels of personnel
- Highly organized, analytical and motivated; ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments
- Ability to prioritize, organize and plan work under own initiative
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- General Physical Skills ( squatting, kneeling, pushing, standing, sitting, walking, reaching, pulling extensively)
- Repetitive motion
- Driving, must have valid G in good standing
- High school or equivalent
- Auto body Appraiser: 1 year
In addition to a very competitive wage structure, we offer
- a comprehensive Health & Benefit plan,
- access to an onsite company gym,
- an excellent company profit sharing program
Any interested candidate should apply by emailing their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Heffner Motors is an equal opportunity employer and is able to accommodate applicants with disabilities in the recruitment process
Don’t see the position you are interested in? We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our team. Please use the form below to submit your resume for future opportunities.