Family Time is the Best Christmas GiftDec 20th, 2017
In the hustle and bustle of last minute Christmas shopping we can often forget that the best present one can hope for this year is to spend time together.
This region offers a variety of ways to spend quality time with loved ones this holiday season.
Here are some fun, festive activities for the whole family to take part in this Christmas:
- Check out the Christmas Light display in Victoria Park! View the spectacular display of festive lights that adorn Victoria Park’s buildings, trees and bridges. For guests living in Waterloo, over 100 colourful and fun displays with over 100,000 light bulbs light up Waterloo Park through all of December until midnight on New Year’s Eve. Walk through the park or take a horse-drawn trolley to see the lights. If you go the Saturday before Christmas from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm you can take a free family photo with Santa in the old school house!
- Go skating in downtown Kitchener! The Carl Zehr Square outdoor rink at Kitchener City Hall is always a fun place to take family and friends. Special wheelchair skates and sleds are available to ensure accessibility for all.
- Attend a show at Centre in the Square! Centre in the Square offers a variety of shows including The Nutcracker: A Canadian Tradition presented by Canada’s Ballet Jorgen. There is currently limited availability to this show so hurry and get your tickets at Centre in the Square
- Take the family to Kitchener Public Library and read a Christmas themed book or try out Virtual Reality in the Heffner Studio! The library offers a variety of activities and experiences for all ages, free of charge.
- Build a snowman or a snow fort! No matter how old or young you are, playing in the snow is FUN! Take advantage of how lucky we are to live in Canada, snow and all!
- Take a drive and see the light displays put up by your neighbours! See some of these amazing displays featured on CTV News Kitchener.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!