Does Your Phone Echo…Echo…Echo…?Apr 3rd, 2019
Does your Phone Echo when Placing a Call in your Vehicle?
Fix It By Turning On/Activating Noise Cancellation
Have you ever noticed an echo when placing a call in your car?
If you have, you know how frustrating it can be. The good news is, this could be due to a simple setting on your phone, which means, a quick fix.
The first thing to do is check to see if the noise cancellation setting is on/active.
I know, I know…if you don’t venture too deep into your phone settings you’re likely sitting there was a pretty puzzled look on your face right now.
Don’t fret. Let’s see if we can help you out a bit.
Thanks to Karen Savage, one of Senior Sales Specialist at Heffner Toyota, we have these easy to follow steps.
- Go to your settings app
- Tap at top to open search bar – enter “noise”
- Scroll to “phone noise cancellation”
- If it is off turn it on
- Ensure phone volume is near or at the highest setting
- Ensure the Bluetooth audio is set to around 28-32. Test and set during active phone call
- Test volume settings with phone calls to each other while phone user is in vehicle and car is on, to see if this helps
If you’re more of a Samsung Android type of person, this might help.
Please take note this is untested and the instructions may vary. At least it’s a start.
- Go to Call history log
- Hit menu
- Go to call settings
- Go to additional settings
- Check Noise cancellation setting
Hopefully, that did the trick and you can get back to making crystal clear phone calls while you’re in your car; but hands free of course. It’s imperative you put safety first.
If you have any questions, please let us know.