Toyota Extends Battery Warranty for Model Year 2020 Hybrid Electric VehiclesOct 11th, 2019
Toyota Extends Battery Warranty for Model Year 2020 Hybrid Electric Vehicles
TORONTO, ON – October 10, 2019 – With nearly 20 years’ experience and more than 208,000 electrified vehicles sold in Canada, Toyota is putting more power behind its hybrid battery warranty.
Today, Toyota Canada Inc. announced it will extend its hybrid battery warranty from eight years or 160,000 km to 10 years from date of first use, or 240,000 km, whichever comes first. This extension is valid for all model year 2020 Toyota hybrid electric vehicles. All other hybrid components will retain coverage under the Hybrid System Warranty at eight years/160,000 km, whichever comes first.
The new 2020 Toyota hybrid battery warranty is the most comprehensive warranty in the industry covering first ownership and all subsequent owners – making it even easier for Toyota to deliver the fuel efficiency, amazing range, dynamic performance, and positive environmental benefits that this innovative technology delivers.
“Toyota hybrid vehicles have been on our roads for almost 20 years and this new warranty extension is a testament to the benefits hybrid technology brings to our customers, our communities and our environment” said Cyril Dimitris, Vice-President of Sales and Marketing, Toyota Canada Inc. “In Canada alone, Toyota’s hybrid vehicle sales continue to grow every month. Just last month, we broke our annual hybrid sales record a full quarter early.”
Toyota is committed to more efficient powertrains and today, Toyota’s 2020 lineup includes six hybrid models:
- Fourth-generation Prius with available AWD-e boasts a combined fuel consumption of 4.4L/ 100 km.
- The Prius Prime, Toyota’s plug-in Hybrid now also has seating for five and a range of 1,035 km on a full charge and a full tank of gas.
- First-ever Corolla Hybrid with a combined fuel consumption of 4.5 L/100 km.
- Third-generation Camry Hybrid with a combined fuel consumption of 4.9 L/ 100 km.
- Second-generation RAV4 Hybrid with a combined fuel consumption of 6.0 L/ 100 km.
- New 2020 Highlander Hybrid with a manufacturer-estimated 6.9 L/ 100 km combined fuel consumption.
Toyota encourages customers to consult their Toyota Warranty and Maintenance Guide for more information on the New Vehicle Limited Warranty that accompanies each vehicle.
The Toyota Hybrid System Warranty coverage is eight years or 160,000 km, whichever comes first, for the following components:
- Hybrid Battery Control Module (battery voltage sensor)
- Hybrid Control Module (power management control module)
- Inverter with Converter
- The new Hybrid Battery Warranty is 10 years or 240,000 km, whichever comes first.